Highlights of Rome
One of our professional, knowledgeable English speaking driver guides will be waiting at pick up location (where you will be tendered) or agreed location at 8 am, or according to the agreed time. Your driver will be holding a sign with your or your party’s name on it.
Ports (Pick up is normally 8am or otherwise agreed upon)
Our escort driver will be waiting at the gangway of your cruise ship or outside the cruise ship terminal. The escort driver will be holding up a sign with the group’s name on it. The email that accompanies the voucher you receive at the time of booking will indicate the meeting point for each specific port.
We recommend that you meet onboard before exiting the ship. This way you are all together when meeting your escort driver and the tour can commence much more efficiently. Otherwise, the wait time for others will be 20minutes, after which time the tour will proceed.
As for La Spezia Port
Please note you will need to take a complimentary shuttle bus (do not take the shuttle bus going to the city. You want the one to La Spezia) less than 5 minutes where the passenger pick-up is. Please note that the shuttle bus will take you to the exit of the cruise terminal. There the Escort driver will be waiting with your name on a sign.
Naples Train station
The escort driver will be waiting at the end of the train platform where your train will be arriving at. The escort driver will be holding a sign with the name in which the reservation was reserved.
The escort driver will be waiting at the arrival lobby holding a sign with the name in which the reservation was made under or otherwise stated.
Escort driver will be waiting at the lobby of the hotel. Normally pick up is 8:30am or otherwise stated.
The escort driver will be waiting outside the main doors of the building.
For groups of more than 8 people from Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi Salerno we can either provide a Mercedes Sprinter minibus or multiple luxury minivans. This will depend on availability. When in Civitavecchia Port, Livorno Port, and La Spezia Port we only provide multiple minivans with the maximum number of 8 people in each minivan. This is because minibuses are prohibited from entering the town center. Therefore, a waste of time will incur walking to the destinations, by minivans you will get to your destination directly without wasting time.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO CHANGE THE ORDER OF ITINERARY. IF NECESSARY AT OUR DISCRETION DUE TO NATURAL CAUSES(ENVIRONMENTAL) OR POLITICAL REASONS(STRIKES/PROTEST)
- Luxury, private air-conditioned vehicle.
- English-speaking driver or escort guide.
- Parking, highway tolls, fuel, all taxes and driver maintenance included.
- Gratuities ranging between 10-20 percent(optional but appreciated)
- No admission to any sites
- PRICES ARE IN EURO
- EVERY EXTRA HOUR IS 60 EURO
- For lunch you will have a choice of either grabbing a bite to go or a leisurely meal in a local restaurant. Your driver will make recommendations. Lunch can range from E10-E40
- Please note: In regards to the Coliseum, they have changed their security policy and have implemented a metal detector which all guests must go through. This may delay entry time, even though you may have purchased “the skip the line tickets” The wait time will depend upon the tourists Even in low season, the wait time to enter can be take a while and will affect the timing available to see other sites in Rome. We want to be transparent so there is no misunderstanding or disappointment
- Ticket(s) informationPlease click on the following link.PLEASE CHOOSE ONLY ADMISSION TICKETS TO THE VATICAN MUSEUM AND SISTINE CHAPEL. If you wish to have a private guide for the Vatican, we are able to arrange it. It is an additional cost of E180 for 2hrs and E230 for 3hrs. PLEASE CONSIDER THAT THE TICKETS CAN BE BOUGHT STARTING FROM 60 DAYS BEFORE THE DATE OF YOUR TOURhttp://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/do?action=booking&codiceTipoVisita=26&step=2Select the month and the number of tickets you need, and click “next”.Select the date of the tour, and after that select the time for your ticket reservation: 1:00pmSelect the number of adults for the tickets and click on “next”.Then you just have to fill in the forms that will appear and follow the instructions you’ll find there.The tickets you’ll book will allow you to skip the line at the entrance, and then our guide will enter the Vatican with you.After booking the tickets, you’ll get an email from the Vatican Museums with a voucher for your ticket reservation. Please remember to print that voucher and take it with you on the tour, as that is what will allow you to enter the Vatican!Go to the following website: www. rome-museum.com or http://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/index.html for more information or purchase ticket(s).
Please note that there is NO TOUR AT THE COLOSSEUM, but only A VISIT ON Your OWN AFTER THE EXPLANATION is provided by the escort driver. As well when visiting the Forum, need over 1.5 hour on foot under the sun. Please be where if visiting during the month of June /summer it could be over 90 degrees. Time slot for tickets should be around 10:00am-10:15am
other suggestion sites to purchase tickets for the Vatican: Vatican.va
- Collosseum: https://www.coopculture.it/event.cfm?id=6
DepartureCivitavecchia Port, Hotel, Train, private resident, FCO airport
Departure Time08:00 or as per confirmation. Normally from port pick up is 8am and hotel 8:30am.
Return Time16:00-17:00 or as per confirmation