Half Day Christian Rome
One of our professional, knowledgeable English speaking driver guides will be waiting at pick up location (where you will be tendered) or agreed location at 8 am or 1pm or according to the agreed time. Your driver will be holding a sign with your or your party’s name on it.
- PICK UP PLACE// Right from dock site. As soon as you disembark your ship you will see your private driver holding a sign with your name on it.
For groups of more than 8 people from Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi Salerno we can either provide a Mercedes Sprinter minibus or multiple luxury minivans. This will depend on availability. When in Civitavecchia Port, Livorno Port, and La Spezia Port we only provide multiple minivans with the maximum number of 8 people in each minivan. This is because minibuses are prohibited from entering the town center. Therefore, a waste of time will incur walking to the destinations, by minivans you will get to your destination directly without wasting time.
Ports (Pick up is normally 8am or otherwise agreed upon)
Our escort driver will be waiting at the gangway of your cruise ship or outside the cruise ship terminal. The escort driver will be holding up a sign with the group’s name on it. The email that accompanies the voucher you receive at the time of booking will indicate the meeting point for each specific port.
We recommend that you meet onboard before exiting the ship. This way you are all together when meeting your escort driver and the tour can commence much more efficiently. Otherwise, the wait time for others will be 20minutes, after which time the tour will proceed.
As for La Spezia Port
Please note you will need to take a complimentary shuttle bus (do not take the shuttle bus going to the city. You want the one to La Spezia) less than 5 minutes where the passenger pick-up is. Please note that the shuttle bus will take you to the exit of the cruise terminal. There the Escort driver will be waiting with your name on a sign.
Naples Train station
The escort driver will be waiting at the end of the train platform where your train will be arriving at. The escort driver will be holding a sign with the name in which the reservation was reserved.
The escort driver will be waiting at the arrival lobby holding a sign with the name in which the reservation was made under or otherwise stated.
Escort driver will be waiting at the lobby of the hotel. Normally pick up is 8:30am or otherwise stated.
The escort driver will be waiting outside the main doors of the building.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO CHANGE THE ORDER OF ITINERARY. IF NECESSARY AT OUR DISCRETION DUE TO NATURAL CAUSES(ENVIRONMENTAL) OR POLITICAL REASONS(STRIKES/PROTEST)
- Luxury, private air-conditioned vehicle.
- English-speaking driver or escort guide.
- Parking, highway tolls, fuel, all taxes and driver maintenance included.
- Gratuities ranging between 10-20 percent(optional but appreciated)
- No admission to any sites
- PRICES ARE IN EURO
- EVERY EXTRA HOUR IS 60 EURO
DepartureCivitavecchia Port, Hotel, Train, private resident, FCO airport
Departure Time8am or 1pm
Return Time12pm or 5pm
SAINT PAUL WITHIN THE WALLS
- SAINT PAUL WITHIN THE WALLS // One of the most imposing Basilicas of ROME. After the explanations of your driver guide you will be entering the Basilica and I promise you: YOU WILL BE JUST AMAZED by the its beauty and grandeur. Roughly 30 minutes be provided to explore.
SAINT MARY THE MAJOR
- SAINT MARY THE MAJOR // Another jewel, another magnificent Basilica. The first and largest one dedicated to the Virgin Mary. Legend has it that the Basilica was built on the very spot where snow fell on the night of the 5th of August of many years ago. Well right there a Roman patrician named John and his wife, constructed the Church dedicated to the Mary because that is what the Virgin told them to do in a vision that they had the night before that weird weather event occurred, considering the usual 90 degrees of the Roman summers.
SAINT JOHN IN LATERAN
- SAINT JOHN IN LATERAN // Off to the major of all Basilicas after Saint Peter’s! This had been the seat of the Popes for many years and hosts wonderful works of art and amazing sculptures of the greatest artists who operated in ROME throughout the entire Renaissance. It is a cloister that is simply magnificent. The driver will provide necessary explanation. Then you will have roughly 40 minutes to explore.
HOLY CROSS IN JERUSALEM
- Please note if you decide to see the Catacomb.
- CATACOMB: You will be with another English speaking people escorted in the tunnels by a guide that works at the Catacombs. The visit will last around 45 minutes. Guided tour included in the E8pp ticket.
OF COURSE THE TOUR ITINERARY IS FLEXIBLE AND YOU CAN DECIDE TO VISIT WHATEVER YOU WANT INCLUDING MINOR CHURCHES OR EVEN THE CATACOMBS