Filled with an abundance of history, this partially buried town offers marvelous scenery that one must personally see to believe. A must see site that will provide you with a rare and knowledgeable experience!
This ancient ruin which was buried under meters of ash and pumice after the catastrophic eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79A.D. Filled with an abundance of history, this partially buried town offers captivating scenery that one must personally see to believe. It is a must-see landmark that will provide you with a thoroughly unique experience. The licensed guide will provide you with ample historical information, showing you the highlights of the ruin. If you wish to hire or explore on your own.
Herculaneum – named after one of the Roman mythological heroes, Hercules – was destroyed by the 79AD eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. The slow walk across all of Ercolano will allow you to observe the moulding of civilization into this remote town. Buried by the same eruption as Pompeii, it’s now a marvellous historic site filled with an abundance of history and breathtaking views. Both these cities offer spectacular ruins, relics and interesting markings left behind by the people who did not survive the eruption.
Oplontis is an ancient Roman seaside villa situated between Naples and Sorrento. It is also referred to as the Villa Oplontis. On this tour, you will see well-preserved frescos and small garden alcoves. Evidence suggests that it was owned by Emperor Nero and believed to have been used by his second wife Poppaea Sabin as her main residence when she was not in Rome.
Herculaneum: This itinerary is from the starting point of Naples Area (port/hotel/train station). You will have approximately 2 hours to explore the ruin. Time for lunch/snack will be discussed among yourselves/the group and the driver.
Oplontis: You will have approximately an hour and a half to explore.
Lunch will be discussed with the escort driver first thing in the morning. The escort driver will provide recommendations/suggestions. if need reservations will be made.
Pompeii: You will have roughly 2 hours to explore this ruin.
The escort driver will return to the pick up location between 4-5pm. Or as a agreed upon.
- Pick up time: 8 am or as per your confirmation.
- Return time: 4-5pm or as per your confirmation.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT WE RESERVE ALL RIGHTS TO CHANGE THE ORDER OF ITINERARY. IF NECESSARY AT OUR DISCRETION DUE TO NATURAL CAUSES(ENVIRONMENTAL) OR POLITICAL REASONS(STRIKE/PROTEST)
One of our professional, knowledgeable English speaking driver guides will be waiting at pick up location (where you will be tendered) or location agreed at 8 am, or according to the agreed time. Your driver will be holding a sign with your or your party’s name on it.
- Ports (Pick up is normally 8am or otherwise agreed upon)
Our escort driver will be waiting at the gangway of your cruise ship or outside the cruise ship terminal. The escort driver will be holding up a sign with the group’s name on it. The email that accompanies the voucher you receive at the time of booking will indicate the meeting point for each specific port. We recommend that you meet onboard before exiting the ship. This way you are all together when meeting your escort driver and the tour can commence much more efficiently. Otherwise, the wait time for others will be 20minutes, after which time the tour will proceed.
- Ercolano Scavi
- Scavi archeologici di Oplonti
Ercolano ScaviErcolano Scavi, Ercolano, NA, Italia
Scavi archeologici di OplontiScavi archeologici di Oplonti, Via Sepolcri, Torre Annunziata, NA, Italia
PompeiPompei, NA, Italia
- Luxury air conditioned vehicle
- A private driver or escort guide
- Highway tolls
- All taxes and driver maintenance
- Meals, drinks (€20-€45 depending menu order)
- Gratuities range between 10-20 percent|(optional but appreciated)
- Pompeii (Admission fee €15pp),admission fees to Pompeii (children younger than 18 years old enter free showing a valid ID (passport/citizenship/driver’s license)
- Admission fee Oplontis(€6.50 roughly)
- Admission fee Herculaneum(€15)
- Can arrange a full day guide for the cost of €250 or for one site for 2hrs for the cost €120. We recommend the guide. Able to provide ample historical information.
- For groups of more than 8 people from Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi, Salerno we can either provide a Mercedes Sprinter minibus or multiple luxury minivans. This will depend on availability. With a minibus, you will be dropped further from the destination and you will have to walk ted location.